Next steps for the exhibit “DYNAVERSITY – Plant, People and the Future of Food”. After the opening in Tuscany, Denmark and Campania during the so-called “Palio del Grano”, the pictures were moved across Italy for a summer-autumn tour.
First of all, the exhibit was displayed at the “Museo Vivo del Mare” (Living Museum of the Sea) in Pioppi, Salerno, from July 25 to August 5. The set-up was organized by the pictures’ author Italo Rondinella.
After that Federparchi-Europarc Italia, DYNAVERSITY partner, promoted and distributed the exhibit in several Italian parks. From August to November, here are all the steps of this Italian tour:
- DYNAVERSITY Exhibit in Torre Guaceto marine protected area (09/08/19 – 11/08/19)
- DYNAVERSITY Exhibit in Pollino National Park, “Botanicum” event (13/09/19 – 30/09/19)
- DYNAVERSITY Exhibit in Parco Agricolo Sud Milano (02/10/19 – 14/10/19)
- DYNAVERSITY Exhibit in Parco Agricolo Ticino, Milan (17/10/19 – 29/10/19)
- DYNAVERSITY Exhibit in Area Marina Protetta Casa del Mare, Ostia, Rome (31/10/19 – 14/11/19)
- DYNAVERSITY Exhibit in Vesuvio National Park, Naples (16/11/19 – 29/11/19)
«The parks are treasure chests of biodiversity, beauty and protected natural habitats; but they are also places where models of sustainable development are practiced, starting from quality agriculture» says the president of Federparchi Giampiero Sammuri. «For this reason the exhibit on the role of agro-biodiversity, crucial for food safety worldwide, begins its journey in our Italian parks”.
The exhibit portraits community of people experimenting new ways to promote agrobiodiversity, combining tradition and innovation in agriculture.
The pictures by Italian photographer Italo Rondinella were taken in Italy, Ireland, Hungary, France, and Spain. The exhibit, supported by the DYNAVERSITY project, will keep travelling around Europe in the next months.
Photo credits: Italo Rondinella – www.italorondinella.com / DYNAVERSITY Project – www.dynaversity.eu / CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Public License)