The Final Conference of the DYNAVERSITY project took place virtually on 20th April 2021, with 115 participants attending from 22 different countries. It was a great opportunity to bring together the different actors of agrobiodiversity management and engaging with policymakers to build an enabling policy environment taking into account the diversity of the actors involved and studied during the course of the project.
The event clearly demonstrated the need of a dynamic governance for managing agrobiodiversity that complements the actual conservation activities carried out by existing institutions and the need to reflect such complementarity in any future governance framework to be developed at the EU level.
To foster discussions during the event and mirror the networking opportunities presented by physical conferences as best as possible, all participants were sent the participants’ list, the DYNAVERSITY Policy Brief, and a Background Document well in advance of the event.
Following presentations made by the DYNAVERSITY team (which you may access below) and Nigel Maxted, coordinator of the Farmers’ Pride project, members of the DYNAVERSITY SKEP Platform (Regine Andersen & Waltraud Kugler), Stefania Petrosillo from the EUROPARC Federation, and Martin Sommer from IFOAM Organics EU, highlighted the main contribution and the added value of seed networks and other social actors to the conservation and sustainable use of agrobiodiversity, the problems faced by these actors, and potential actions to increase their visibility.
Divided into small break out groups, participants then had the opportunity to discuss the means to overcome barriers to the development of dynamic crop management activities and seed systems.
We take the opportunity to thank each and everyone one of the participants, without whom the conference would not have been as relevant and lively. And while the DYNAVERSITY project came to an end, all the actors involved will keep working to promote agrobiodiversity in the whole food chain.
Download here the program of the DYNAVERSITY Final Conference
Download below all the presentations of the DYNAVERSITY Final Conference
- DYNAVERSITY Conceptual Framework & the Farm to Fork Strategy, by Balint BALÁZS, (ESSRG, Hungary)
- The need for dynamic management of networks as expressed by actors, experience from DYNAVERSITY case studies, by Stéphanie KLAEDTKE (Université de Liege, Belgium)
- Barriers to the further development of dynamic networks and seed systems, scenarios for the future – Part 1; Barriers to the further development of dynamic networks and seed systems, scenarios for the future – Part 2, by Riccardo BOCCI (Rete Semi Rurali, Italy)
- DYNAVERSITY Communication tools, by Elisabetta TOLA (Formicablu, Italy)
- Presentation of the Book, “La Graine dans mon Assiette”, by Véronique CHABLE, INRAe, France
- Presentation of the FARMERS’ PRIDE project, by Nigel MAXTED (University of Birmingham, United Kingdom)
Find out more about the DYNAVERSITY project: watch the interviews with some key members of our team!