DYNAVERSITY is supporting the postgraduate course “Participatory Plant Breeding & Resilient Seed Systems”, that will be held on 16-21 August 2020 at the Conference Centre De Werelt, Lunteren, in the Netherlands.
This workshop is aimed at PhD candidates, postdocs, and other academics. Key aspects of the course include:
- Concepts, strategies, methods and experiences with decentralised and participatory approaches to plant breeding and seed system development to increase agrobiodiversity and cope with climate changes
- Governance issues such as seed quality control, property rights, co-ownership and benefit sharing
- Specific approaches for different crop types and socio-economic contexts
- Multi-actor approaches, collaborative learning, knowledge sharing and networking approaches to engage food system and value chain actors into participatory plant breeding and resilient seed system programs
- The interaction of technical solutions and social choices: considering trade-offs and issues of inclusion/social equity and other values
This course is supported by Global Alliance for the Future of Food, EU projects LIVESEED and DYNAVERSITY, and the Root Tuber and Bananas CRP.
The workshop is the week before the 21st general EUCARPIA congress Breeding, the Key to Innovative Solutions, which will be held 23-28 August 2020 (Rotterdam, The Netherlands).